It's a long story. Let me start from the beginning. If you read my last post, you know I was pondering something new and creative and non work related to do. I was inspired by this awesome post over at Craftzine.
I used this photo, taken by the amazing Paige of my boys at an art opening. Trying to keep it simple, I decided to zero in on the smaller boy.
I changed it to black and white in photo shop, then used the "poster" application and made it look like this:
THEN, I enlarged it, made some of the lines darker, printed it out, and slapped it on my window.
I got so excited and forgot to photograph a few steps. Anyway. . . I found a piece of nice muslin in my stash, cut it, ironed it and taped it over the print out. Then I traced the lines I felt most important in replicating my boy, with a water soluble marker.
Then I went for it! I grew up doing a lot of embroidery. My mom taught me when I was little and I would draw pictures and turn them into embroidered pieces. I'll have to dig up those old projects to share. That's another story. Back to this tale.
I spent all Sunday afternoon relaxing on the couch, with my needle and floss, watching the JK Rowlings biopic on Lifetime. So, where did it all go wrong?!
It is still unclear when the crime occurred, but as I was enjoying my morning cup of coffee, I stepped out onto the back deck and noticed shards of wood scattered about. Upon further inspection, I realized it was the remnants of my EMBROIDERY HOOP! Aaaaaaargh. Fearing the worst, I inspected the perimeter, and discovered a wad of muslin, covered in doggy drool (dna evidence is being reviewed). There are holes too. Fortunately most of the damage isn't close to the embroidery. It occurs to me now that maybe Lanky misses Emmet. He's at skateboard camp this week, which might explain why I decided to embroider a portrait of him.
I'm pretty sure the big man is an accessory to the crime. We may never know.